I really hope Kim Warren doesn’t mind that I am reposting this. I do not have a MySpace account and can not leave her a comment. You can find her original post on her MySpace Blog. I think these prove a very valid point. Those that don’t get it should not feel the need to contact me “ever”!
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven‘t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life span
4 replies on “Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong”
Don't mind at all.
But you should get a MySpace..
A-freaking-men. Sorry I am just now getting to this post! Great job John. LIke I've said before, if more of the world thought like you, we'd be in such a fantastic place.
A Gay Man Who Will Be Married!
I have been waiting for you to comment on this one 🙂
My wife wants me to change the title because she doesn't want people thinking that I really mean what it says.
What are your thoughts? Should I change the title by adding something like (keep reading, it's not what you think)? Or just let people that don't get it, continue not getting it?
I just read over these again and just can't believe that there is even a debate on this topic. Thanks again Kim for an outstanding and compelling list that shows the idiocracy of some people.
We have the stupid "Marriage Protection Act" on the Florida Ballot this year. Protecting marriage from what?!?!?!? I hate people sometimes.